To assure you get the most out of our rug, pouf, or pillow, we advise the following best practices to care for your items:
All our rugs, poufs, and pillows consist of natural fibers, most of which use natural dyes. The majority of our woven and handmade pieces are made with 100% natural wool, where many mass-produced textiles included cotton or polyester.
- As our rugs are vintage pieces, they may still have a slight scent when you receive them. This is normal and should go away within a few days as the rug has time to air out and adapt to its new surroundings.
- All of our rugs are prepped before they ship. We clean, dust, and vacuum them prior to shipment.
- Spot treatment – if you have a spill immediately try an blot to remove the stain as much as possible. We recommend using a little water or a diluted mix of water / white vinegar to remove the spot ( we suggest a 4:1 ratio, water to white vinegar )
- Avoid chemicals and industrial cleaners as the natural dyes used in these rugs are likely to bleed
- As an alternative, we recommend professional cleaning such as dry cleaning or taken to a rug cleaning specialist
- In high traffic areas, regular vacuuming on the lowest setting / highest pile with no brush will keep the rug clean and debris-free
- Rug pads are a great way to prolong the life and quality of your rug. A rubber pad or felt option is the best way to go to assure stability for your rug